UK Police Arrests ex-prince Andrew over ‘misconduct in public office’ by

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

His arrest comes on the heels of allegations linked to Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender.

Thames Valley police confirmed Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest on Thursday as he turns 66.

According to the BBC, Mountbatten-Windsor remains in custody while officers carry out searches at his addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

The investigation stems from allegations that the former Duke of York, stripped of his royal titles in 2022, shared confidential material from his time as a UK trade envoy with Epstein.

There are also claims involving a second woman allegedly sent by Epstein to the UK for a sexual encounter with Mountbatten-Windsor.

Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing related to Epstein or other accusations.

Last year, King Charles III formally stripped Mountbatten-Windsor, his younger brother, of his “prince” title and ordered him to vacate his Windsor residence.

Meanwhile, unmarked police vehicles were spotted arriving at his residence on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk earlier today, with photographs showing officers near the property.

This marks a dramatic escalation in the years-long scrutiny following Epstein’s death in 2019 and Andrew’s controversial BBC interview.

Oliver Wright, assistant chief constable of Thames Valley police, said the force is conducting a thorough investigation and emphasised protecting its integrity amid significant public interest.

Meanwhile, police did not name the suspect publicly, and authorities cautioned against any reporting that could risk contempt of court.

“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” police said.

“The man remains in police custody at this time.

“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”