The federal government has said that Bola Tinubu’s inauguration, which is set for May 29, won’t be delayed by the legal disputes surrounding his presidency.
Boss Mustapha, the chairman of the transition committee, assured journalists on Tuesday in Abuja that the change of power will be orderly and peaceful.
Mustapha also said that the President-elect and Vice President-offices elect’s had been completely renovated.
“The committee has been active and the refurbishment of offices for the President and Vice-President elect has been completed.
“The facility at the Defence House is ready. Security personnel of the Department of State Services and the Nigerian Police Force have also been deployed to the President and Vice-President-elect.
“Protocol officers have also been assigned to both the President-elect and Vice-President-elect from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Intelligence Agency.
“The transition process is on course and all efforts are being made to ensure that it is smooth.
“On May 29, there would be a peaceful formal transfer of power to the new President.
“All litigation, whether resolved or not, will not in any way stop the process.
“The President is not spending a day extra in office.
“The security committee has the responsibility to ensure that nothing happens to truncate the transition process. Nigerians are very law-abiding people.
“Whoever has lost an election, there are provided avenues for those people to make whatever legal inquiry they want to make but the process would continue unabated.
“We would not create another constitutional crisis. On May 29, the handover will take place”, he said