Registration for the 17th edition of the Annual International Business Law Conference of the Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law (NBA-SBL) has commenced. The theme for this year’s edition is “The Nigerian Business Landscape: Priorities for Law, Policy and Regulation”. The 2023 edition of the annual conference is scheduled to hold over a three-day period from Wednesday, July 5th to Friday, July 7th at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Announcing the commencement of the early bird registration, Ayoyinka Olajide-Awosedo, Chairman of the 2023 NBA-SBL Conference Planning Committee, urged intending attendees to take advantage of the early bird period to register to attend the conference.
She said, “The Nigerian Bar Association – Section on Business Law is cordially inviting both lawyers and non-lawyers to register and attend this year’s edition of its annual conference. I urge every intending attendee to take advantage of the discounted early bird registration fees. One cardinal principle of business is taking advantage of cost-saving opportunities. Registering as an Early Bird allows attendees to put this cardinal principle into practice.”
Olajide-Awosedo stated that this year’s Conference fees are as follows:
Early Bird Rates
• Young Lawyers (0-7yrs) (Members of SBL) – #20,000
• Young Lawyers (0 –7yrs) (Non-members of SBL) – #30,000
• Senior Lawyers (8yrs and above) (Members of SBL) – #45,000
• Non-members of SBL – #60,000
• Young Lawyers (0-7yrs) (Members of SBL)- #25,000
• Young Lawyers (0 –7yrs) (Non-members of SBL) – #35,000
• Senior Lawyers (8yrs and above) (Members of SBL) – #50,000
• Non-members of SBL – #65, 000
Virtual Attendance Rates
• Young Lawyers (0-7yrs) (Members of SBL) – #10,000
• Young Lawyers (0 –7yrs) (Non-members of SBL) – #15,000
• Senior Lawyers (8yrs and above) (Members of SBL) – #25,000
• Non-members of SBL – #35, 000
• Opening Dinner (Members and Non-members of SBL/ Lawyers and non-Lawyers – #20,000
The Conference Planning Committee Chair further emphasized that attendance at this year’s NBA-SBL conference is not exclusive to lawyers. She stated that business practitioners will benefit from attending the conference – gaining knowledge of legal perspectives on issues that impact the Nigerian business terrain and also networking with several key players and decision-makers in Nigeria’s economic ecosystem.
The link to the registration portal for the NBA-SBL Annual International Business Law Conference is www.nbasbl.org and early bird registration ends on Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Since its commencement in 2004, the NBA-SBL conference has served as a platform for decision-makers, policy formulators, regulators and industry practitioners to deliberate on pertinent issues and seek solutions to the numerous challenges impacting the Nigerian business terrain.
For additional Information, Sponsorship and Exhibition opportunities, interested participants can contact the NBA-SBL secretariat through the phone lines and email listed below:
WhatsApp numbers – 08115984575, 08095174000