The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) yesterday, made history by launching an App for members of the Association.
The launch of the NBA App was done before the Annual General Meeting at the Eko Atlantic City.
The App showcase was done by the Co-Chair of the Digital NBA Committee, Mr. Rotimi Ogunyemi wherein he provided a step-by-step guide on how to use the App.
There was also an e-Identity Demo/simulation by the NBA President, Olumide Akpata which was done on his device and his e-identity was displayed on the screen.
Afterwards, the Chairman of the Digital NBA Committee, Basil Udotai gave a further insight about the App and how it will operate.
Mr Udotai explained that the NBA collaborated with Africa Prudential to build the App and also thanked members of the Digital NBA Committee who worked tirelessly to make the dream a reality.
It was also noted that the NBA will be collaborating with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) on the verification of lawyers’ data. Lawyers will be required to verify their account by entering their National Identification Number (NIN) and their date of birth.
A link was sent out via email to the 12,000 members who registered for the Annual General Conference to enable them download the App and be the first to benefit from the app. This email contains the default Supreme Court Number and password. The app will be made available to all lawyers later.
To register and access the app, members were asked to follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Click on the link and enter the default Login details as shown in the email received
2. Follow the prompts on how to login to your Account
3. Login with your Supreme Court Number and default password
4. Change Password and confirm new Password
5. Your Password should be up to 8 characters with one unique Character
6. Select the Security Questions and answer
7. Your Password Change should be successful
8. Login to your NBA Account with your new password
It was noted that the services that will be available on the portal include:
1. A fully automated user dashboard
2. Seamless Payment of NBA BPF and all other Payments
3. Automated Stamp and Seal Request and Delivery Process
4. Automated Certificate of Good Standing Request and Delivery Process
5. ICLE Portal/E-learning portal
6. Automated Access to NBA Health Insurance Program
7. Seamless registration process for all NBA Conferences and Events
It was further noted that the above 8 services are not yet fully functional, but will be in due course