This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
• Nina Louise Hoskins, 36, of Barton Road in Newport, pleaded guilty to theft from a shop. She was given a 12-month conditional discharge.
• Jack Williams, 24, of HMP Isle of Wight, pleaded guilty to assaulting an emergency worker. He was committed to 7 days in prison in default of a payment of £234 – a £200 fine and a £34 surcharge – due to already serving a custodial sentence for rape.
• Dale Mark Robinson, 41, of West Street in Wroxall, was made subject to an 18-month community order with a 3-month electronic tag curfew, 163 hours of unpaid work and 35 rehabilitation days after admitting theft of £2,000 cash belonging to SSAFA. There was no separate penalty for possession of 2 cannabis plants.
• Victoria Hartley, 39, of Brinton Close in East Cowes, was found guilty in her absence of failing to provide the identification of a driver as required by the Police. She was fined £720 and ordered to pay £300 costs and a £72 surcharge.
• Keenan Bradbury, 25, of School Lane in Newport, was given a 6-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months. He was ordered to complete 20 rehabilitation days, as well as following the orders of a drug rehabilitation programme for 6 months. He was also ordered to pay £85 costs and a £128 surcharge.
• Thomas Hayden, 32, of Munsley Close in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to drug driving. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs. He was fined a further £80 for stealing 2 milk churns to the value of £240.
• Lewis Morera-Morgan, 21, of Her Majesty’s Pleasure, was given a 10-week concurrent prison sentence for burglary.
• Ashley White, 24, of Slade Road in Ryde, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly. He was fined £123 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Stephen Ward, 58, of Melbourne Street in Newport, pleaded guilty to drink driving. He was banned from driving for 20 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Jacob Gates, 21, of Sandown Road in Shanklin, pleaded guilty to common assault. He was handed a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.
If you have a news story that you think we should know about, then get in touch.
Telephone: 01983 898288
Email: [email protected]
You can also now send us Anonymous Tip-Offs.
Island Echo is a member of the Independent Community News Network and the Society of Editors.