The Lagos State judiciary will begin e-swearing and e-filing of processes. The procedure will start on November 17, 2022, according to a notice dated November 4, 2022, and signed by AG. Chief Registrar, Mr. T. A. Elias.
The notice continues by outlining the requirements for conducting the e-swearing.
More Details Below:
LAGOS STATE JUDICIARY e-SWEARING PROCEDURE
TAKE NOTICE that the Hon. Chief Judge of Lagos State, Hon. Justice K. O. Alogba has directed that the Lagos State Judiciary will commence e-Swearing for e-filing of processes for litigants and all concerned with effect from 17th November, 2022.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR e-SWEARING (All Deponents/Legal Counsels/Litigants/Citizens that are participating in e-Swearing MUST meet ALL of the following requirements.)
Note: It is highly required that Deponents/Legal Counsels/Litigants/Citizens connect to the Video Conferencing Session (Zoom/Skype) using a laptop or tablet. If none of these are available, but phone is the available option, the following requirements must still be met, though the session quality might be decreased.
1. Deponents/Legal Counsel/Litigant/Citizen contact the Judiciary via email: e-Swearing.Request@lagosjudiciary.gov.ng or use BOOK APPOINTMENT feature from the second level menu on the Lagos State Judiciary website (https://lagosjudiciary.gov.ng). Double booking shall be penalized.
2. A quiet place with a solid background, NO noise and NO distractions, NOT in
3. A good and stable Internet connection—WiFi or mobile data.
4. A good and working web camera (laptop or tablet) or a phone camera (mobile phone)
5. Good and working speaker and microphone—If connecting to Zoom/Skype by phone, built-in speakers and microphone must both be working.
6. Good and functioning Scanner.
7. Zoom application MUST be installed on the Deponents/Legal Counsel’s/Litigant’s/Citizen’s laptop, tablet or phone.
8. Deponents/Legal Counsel/Litigant/ Citizen MUST be logged in to
Zoom/Skype using their Zoom/Skype account credentials.
9. ALL deposition documents MUST be sent to specified locations via email or as
advised by the Commissioner for Oaths referencing the suit number prior to the
10. Deponents/Legal Counsel/Litigant MUST have electronic copies of the
deposition documents on their laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
11. Deponents/Legal Counsel/Litigant/ Citizen MUST have reliable access to the
email used to request the e-Swearing appointment. Deponents/Legal
Counsel/Litigant/Citizen might need to send and receive documents via instant file transfer/email during the Zoom/Skype session.