Isese Activist, Tani Olohun Could Barely Stand Due To Severe Beatings In Detention Says Lawyer

Spread the love

One of the lawyers representing the  Isese activist Adegbola Abdulazeez, a.k.a. Tani Olohun, has given an update on his health at the Correctional facility in Ilorin, Kwara State.

Abdulazeez was arrested and remanded in a correctional facility in Ilorin, Kwara State, for allegedly insulting the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, among other offenses.

According to Adedamola Solesi,one of his Lawyers that Isese activist could barely walk or stand in court due to the severe beatings he received in jail.

Addressing Isese adherents after a court hearing at the Upper Area Court in Ilorin Wednesday, Solesi reassured the crowd that Tani Olohun would regain his freedom.

Speaking in Yoruba, he said, “Let me tell you, number one, Tani Olohun was beaten to the point where his left leg has now developed issues. He can no longer stand straight.

“We have filed a preliminary objection stating that Tani Olohun can not be arrested for one offence and tried in two different courts. We are trying to have the case thrown out of court and the respondents have responded saying they need seven days to reply to our petition.

“We will be back in court on September 4.”

The lawyer also spoke on the arrest of another Isese devotee who was arrested in Ibadan, by the Kwara State Police Command, on the grounds of thedefamation.

Solesi said they were unable to effect his bail as he is being tried alongside Tani Olohun. He, however, reassured the crowd that both men would regain their freedom soon.

“On Baba Tede’s case, we could not effect his bail on Wednesday as his case and Tani Olohun’s are being tried at the same time.

“The preliminary objection case must first be heard before they can be released per the court’s instruction,” he added.

“We also discussed this in court today and the judge responded by saying even people who have been sentenced to death still have the right to be visited by their people.

“The police came and claimed that no one came to see Tani Olohun and even if someone did visit, they claimed these probably people came after visiting hours,” he concluded.