The Epstein estate has agreed to pay up to $35 million to resolve a class action lawsuit filed in 2024 by victims who accused two advisers of aiding Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls, according to a court filing in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday.
Boies Schiller Flexner, the law firm representing the victims, announced the proposed settlement in a brief filed with the court.
If approved by a judge, the agreement would end claims against Epstein’s former personal lawyer, Darren Indyke, and former accountant, Richard Kahn, who serve as co-executors of the estate of Jeffrey Epstein.
The settlement does not include any admission of wrongdoing by Indyke or Kahn.
Neither Indyke nor Kahn “made any admission or concession of misconduct” as part of the settlement made public on Thursday, their lawyer, Daniel H. Weiner, said in an emailed statement.
“Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial, but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate,” Weiner said.
Weiner said the agreement would provide “a confidential avenue for financial relief” for victims who have not already resolved claims against the estate.
The Epstein estate previously created a restitution fund that paid $121 million to victims and later paid an additional $49 million in settlements.
In the 2024 lawsuit, lawyers at Boies Schiller Flexner alleged that Indyke and Kahn helped Epstein build a network of corporations and bank accounts that allowed him to conceal abuse, pay victims and recruiters, and remain financially secure.
The law firm previously secured $365 million in settlements with JPMorgan Chase and Deutsche Bank after accusing the banks of overlooking warning signs linked to Epstein, a former client.
Epstein died in a New York jail in August 2019. Authorities ruled his death a suicide.