The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, submitted certified copies of President Bola Tinubu’s academic and professional records, which the Presidential Election Petitions Court accepted.
The credentials include a B.Sc. certificate from Chicago State University, a certificate of discharge from the NYSC, and a certificate of service from Mobil Nigeria Oil Plc.
Through their subpoenaed witness, private attorney Mike Enahoro-Ebah, the PDP had delivered the documents.
He pointed out that although the documents claimed to be from Tinubu, they actually had the name “Bola Adekunle Tinubu” on them.
Led in evidence by the lead Counsel to PDP, Chris Uche, the witness also tendered forms EC13 and EC9 nomination forms and the letters written to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as attachments.
Counsel to INEC, Abubakar Mahmoud, Tinubu, Emmanuel Ukala and the APC, Lateef Fagbemi, all objected to the admissibility of the documents.
The witness referenced the following documents:
(1) certified true copies of form EC9(Nomination letter of Tinubu).
(2) receipt of payment for certification.
(3) witness application letter, requesting for the documents.
(4) INEC’s Letter of response.
(5) Certificate from Chicago university belonging to the 2nd respondent( Tinubu).
(6)NYSC discharge certificate belonging to the 2nd respondent, with the name Tinubu Bola Adekunle.
(7) Certificate of service from Mobile Oil Nigeria PLC.
(coolParty Membership card.
When the lead counsel to PDP applied to tender this documents, all the respondents objected to their admissibility.
The witness also tendered, academic records from Chicago university, a copy of the subpoena served on the Chicago university, the original academic records and degree certificate, original admission letter, original transcript from South west college to the school Tinubu attended, given to Chicago university with the gender referred to as Female.
He also tendered a notarized judgement of USA for criminal forfeiture of assets of Tinubu and the cover note authorizing it. Furthermore, extracts of a Guinea passport and the certificate of compliance for Tinubu were also presented.
The PDP also presented:
(1) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 25 LGAs in Delta state.
(2) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 13 LGA’s in Ebonyi state.
(3) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 18 LGAs in Edo state.
(4) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 17 LGAs in Enugu state.
(5) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 27 LGAs in Imo state.
(6) Certified true copies of forms EC8A’s of 21 LGAs in Kogi state
Under cross-examination by Counsel to INEC, Abubakar Mahmoud, the witness said he has not spent too much money even as he tries to bring the truth to Nigerians.
When asked if he was displeased that his candidate lost, the witness answered in the affirmative.
The court then after, rose to reconvene later for further cross examination.